Monday, April 5, 2010

Good deed

I performed a good deed today; which is a rare thing for me.I helped my friend prepare her profile for a matrimonial website. Haven't yet got a chance to find out what her family thinks of it.One more good thing that am going to do is give a tip for south Indian chefs, which is that they could prepare tamarind paste at home for the whole week rather than buy the paste at an exorbitant rate or squeeze tamarind juice everyday for kolambu or sambar.
Squeeze the soaked tamarind (half an apple size) and let it boil seasoned or unseasoned, but with salt. Once it becomes thick, you can refrigerate it and add spoons of it to vegetables and pulses and your sambar is ready.
Works for me!

2 comments:

BALA said...

Do post cuisine matters. I believe that will help me to learn cooking. Thank you.

Harini Padmanabhan said...

Not everyone has a fridge.