Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A Discovery - Magicorlogic?

I took an online language quiz today, ticking off right answers, writing an email and answering an innocent looking, 'tell me what you read' question at the end. I took this test on my phone, my first phone tapped test.
I also took an online test on my laptop yesterday, in which I prepared a presentation and wrote an email.
Having taken two tests on different devices opened my eyes to a weakness of mine.
I write rashly, typing away what comes to my fingers.
Not being adept at phone tap typing, and unable to fit the print into the phone frame, I scrolled slowly, carefully, not wanting to make a mistake and send a half done test by tapping some place unwittingly.
It was the newest experience of my literally old life.
The right answer for the medium-tough grammar questions had never been so clearly apparent. I had no doubts that my answers were right even after a single reading. I am now telling myself _ READ SLOWLY. God! It is so much easier to understand when we read carefully. Logical, right? The feel was magical.


Next I wrote these two paragraphs. Tap tap slow tap, slow slow alphabet by alphabet, by word, space, word......I did not have to rework on any of the sentences. It was a business mail, something I have not had much experience in writing- and I wrote it spontaneously and perfectly to my knowledge and satisfaction. I have rarely felt satisfied with what I have written all these days, till I tapped very slowly and finished writing faster than ever.
So I'm telling myself - TYPE SLOWLY- Speed typing is for mindless robots, not for creative, purposeful crafts-persons whose thoughts flow logically through magic, like yours truly.

No comments: