Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Logic wins!

He cured me. A little boy of four or five.
Ask me how.


My daughter and I always argue about one habit of mine.  I do not bother to lock the door of our apartment every time I leave the house, as we live in a secure gated community.

"You didn't lock up after you? Scary!" - my daughter
"Why should I? No one's going to try and open that door." - me
"What if someone gets in, hides under the bed and attacks you?"
" No one thinks I am rich enough to risk that. Then there are the dogs."
"I don't believe you are doing this...

And on and on we argue till it turns into a quarrel.

Fast forward to last Monday. I had taken my dogs for a walk around the lake nearby. I entered the gate and had come to an open area near the swimming pool and children's play area, when three boys (7, 5 and 4 years old)came up to me on their bikes.
One of them said, "Do you know that your door is unlocked?"
I said, "Well, it is. Did you open it?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "Did you close it?"
He said, "Yes."
I said," Thank you.But this is a secret. Don't tell anyone that I leave my door unlocked."


The five year old, Tuka, (nickname) started to yell.
LISTEN EVERYBODY! SHE LEAVES HER DOOR UNLOCKED!
He started moving around in his bike calling to groups of people and pointing to me, and said

"She leaves her door unlocked!" repeatedly. To cap it all, he cycled to the other end of the compound, called the security personnel and told them, "The lady from door no: xxx leaves her door unlocked."

Now, logically speaking, do I have an option ? I lock my door every single time I leave home.