Thursday, January 18, 2018

There's this job website which keeps asking me to write about the freelancer experience.

Well, let me say how it works for me.
First of all, I spend a good chunk of time looking up all the fascinating jobs that keep popping up online. Unbelievable, new jobs like press release writer, writer for games, social writer and what not. Believe me, there are new job titles popping up all the time. And I apply sometimes.

Another interview tomorrow. This is for Academic Author on psychology and social sciences. If I had a regular job I would never be able to find out about the changes in the job market.

So How am I faring in my writing endeavors?
Problem 1: My vendors. Work is not regular. The whole of this week I didn't get work
Problem 2:  Me. I have an important project that is unfinished. Why the *&^%$ am I not doing it?
Problem 3: Night shift work I do part time is low paying and ruining my life.

So am I a total failure?

The poems I write are really making me feel good, making me feel I have a niche,
Also, other kinds of  writing is happening, even if its just magazine work
I have hopes of getting better

So what would happen if I do get a job?
I should find a way to make my fingers go tapping and  develop a distinct voice
Develop a distinct voice, I have  one already;  I should re discover my voice and channel it into creating sophisticated patterns on paper.

No comments: