Friday, April 20, 2018

Magnificent Magic: Modern Day Learning

I saw a video which described Google as a huge library. I used to spend hours in the library as a child. The above description strikes a chord with me because I grew up to be this permanently plugged in person who browses, reads and writes online, all the time. So essentially, the internet has made my childhood dream of living in a library come true.

But getting to the point which triggered this post, I am speechless when I think of all the new stuff there is to learn, and of the fact that a lot of the latest in learning makes the old stuff irrelevant.

A child born in 2010 would not be able to relate to the world as it was in 2000.
 Back to school flat icons design. Vector illustration


And much as it astounds me, I welcome this life of scrapping away all old knowledge and getting back to the study table. I embrace the total strangeness of the newness, a seemingly never ending newness that makes me feel like a 6 year old.

I am also relieved to bid good bye to the status that is no longer assigned to age, as it was a barrier to communication between age groups and served no purpose except making ageing people feel and act entitled. I am old myself, really old, not 35. I find the automatic respectability assigned to age, and the advantage taken thereof by people who by no effort of their own crossed 50 years in their lives without dying, yucky.

So, let's celebrate the advances which have brought ever growing encyclopedias to our fingertips.Cheers to new knowledge, new frontiers and a new life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.